I was lead to this company as a bonus offer I accepted from an affiliate offer. The affiliate stated it was giving me a free virtual assistant, and a link from them took me to 123Employee.
However, as I inquired with them they told me what I was offered was only a certain amount off a package I had to purchase. They attempted to upsell me on a higher service for VA (virtual assistant) hiring. I refused, letting them know I don't earn that amount of money.
I did, however, opted to use their service of article writing, which I noticed was only $11.00, so I entered my credit card number for THAT service ONLY! Actually, I wrote the article myself and all I wanted them to do was just "tighten" it up a bit...or so I thought. I then received an invoice (#56875) dated April 6, 2015, which was fine with me.
When the article came back though, it was worst than when I had initially sent it to them, so I returned it for correction. It came back to me again STILL with the Filipino MISUNDERSTANDING of words and terms, so I just made the adjustments myself; I made a note never to use this service again.
After that, I started receiving emails for all different types of services. In other words, they had me in what's called a "funnel" in network marketing terms. In this funnel, one is subject to receiving one offer after another sent automatically from an autoresponder.
Lo and behold, on June 3, 2015 I received another invoice, and thought it may be just a follow-up copy of the $11.00 invoice for the article writing. Much to my surprise, however, this invoice (#58397) dated June 3, 2015 was for a WHOPPING $397.00, an amount I, as a partially disabled Army veteran living off a paltry, fixed monthly VA disability check, can ill-afford.
I've made steps to obtain a refund but up to now have received nothing but emails saying they've attempted to contact me. I called AGAIN today (323-214-7713) and left a message with a woman calling herself Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org). I also cc'd the following: Davin Michaels, email@example.com, Phoebe Heather firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as the standard billing dept email address - email@example.com.
In short, going through what I have up to now with this company sends up many red flags and lets me know this is a company NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I did not like their handling of my issue
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 123Employee Virtual Assistant
- Review category
- Employment Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have used Livecareer for nearly a year. When the EMV chips went into effect it caused me to need an update to my billing. I have tried over..."
- "Note: Kelly services On May 18th I was hired by Kelly Services for Apple IOS Tier 1 Advisor. On June 8th was the first day of a 4 week training...."
- "I have been out of work since Jan. I contacted Aerotek the day i was let go from my last assignment. I was stuck with an agent that seemed upset..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."